OT: Wacko found not guilty (that's very different from innocent)

probably gonna be a huge slumber party at his house soon.....

Reply to
crw59

The thing is....*if* he *had* been found guilty; would it have then been logical, and responsible, to *not* hold the parents of the victimized kids guilty as well? In my opinion, for a parent to allow their child to be put into that environment in the first place...is child abuse, and the ultimate example of poor parenting and poor judgment.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

yeah, that part has always confused me. I still have trouble letting my kids cross the street, let alone staying overnight with a person with serious issues.....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Gregory:

You might want to qualify that judgment statement. Bad judgment? More like calculated predation! How many millions did that one family get for dropping the matter? And you can bet the lawyers are lining up for civil suits even with the not guilty verdict. Look what the shysters did to OJ!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

And this is why the rest of the country thinks California is going to Hell. But seriously, it seems if you're a 'celebrity' you can murder your wife and molest children and get away with it because no jury in California will convict you.

And here I turned on the evening news tonight to find out what was happening in the world only to find out nothing else had happened all day.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

How about all those rabid fans? They had to beef up security in case of a guilty verdict. They were expecting violence.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill - Rather look what the shysters did ~for~ OJ. "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit" my ass. Anybody that ever tried to put a pair of gloves on an unwilling 5-year-old knows how that works.

Reply to
Old Timer

Just goes to show you if you're rich and white you can get away with anything.

I would have to agree with that.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

In the Simpson case one could hardly pull the "shyster" card. He was guilty as sin. He just had slicker and more adept lawyers that the prosecution did. I don't believe it's possible to convict a celeb in Hollywierd. Two much blind hero worship going around out there.

And let me clue ya in......Simpson ain't queuing up in the bread line yet. His shyster lawyers have hidden his millions away so that the victims families won't be able to collect a penny of the wrongful death judgment.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

.......particularly leather gloves that had been wet and dried improperly. A brilliant (and outcome predictable) ploy by the late Mr Cochran and ultimate "head up and locked" syndrome on the part of Darden and Clark for being duped into that debacle.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Uhhh, I don't know where you've been for the past 30-40 years or how to break this to you but your statement is only half fight. While both Simpson and Jackson are quite rich, neither of the are Caucasian.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Your wrong completely, and you are a MORON............

{PLONK}

Allan

Reply to
AM

Bill Woodier wrote:

Whoooooooooossshhh....

Whoooooooooossshhh....

{PLONK}

To you then...........

Allan

Reply to
AM

An acquaintance of mine, a police officer in a California City filled me in on a couple of things. He pointed out that the two prosecutors put on the OJ case were far from the most experienced and capable ones on the LA States Attorney's staff. There was a very real fear in LA that a conviction of OJ would trigger another riot as things were still simmering in the wake of the Rodney King fiasco so they were praying for it all to go away.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Try putting any glove that fits your bare hand correctly on over one of those cheap vinyl gloves he had on at the time to "prevent contaminating the evidence"....it ain't gonna happen.

Reply to
Ron

I can believe that as well. The whole thing was a ludicrous circus, complete with "dancing Itos" on Saturday Night Live and every court officer and witness more interested in playing to the camera than the conduct of the trial. I am SO glad I live on the other side of the country.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

.......also true. Refer back to my heads up and locked comment. ;~)

Reply to
Bill Woodier