OT: Wacko found not guilty (that's very different from innocent)

Is that the sound the wind makes traveling from ear to ear through your empty head?

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Allan, at the risk of continuing this thread further, I think you are missing their point and attempt at American social humor. Their point which has been made by many others, including African-Americans, is that neither OJ or Jocko are considered "black" by the African-American community. The fact that both OJ and Jocko were found innocent plays on the stereotypical perception of racial and social disparity in the dispensing of justice in America: the poor and black always get convicted, but the white and affluent always are released.

Except for skin color (a double pun regarding Jackson who as you know has bleached his natural skin tone) neither of these two multi- millionaires are considered representative of the African-American community or culture. Socially they act stereotypically more "Caucasian" than not. They more or less have eschewed the traditional African-American condition for a less "urban" one in that they are rich, have (had) Caucasian wives, mostly Caucasian friends, live in affluent Caucasian neighborhoods, had servants, etc., and hence are generally considered "white" in the AA community. Therefore, cynics would say that both OJ and Jackson were found innocent of seemingly obvious crimes because they were "white". Yes, bigotry exists in strange forms and its absurdity is sometimes exposed with humor.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I didn't make the rules (or necessarily agree with or follow them), just observe them. Personally, I follow MLK, Jr.'s credo to gauge a person by their character and ability instead of by skin color. Back to modeling...

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

Bill:

I think he was being facetious in referring to Mr. Jackson!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Remember...he said "white", not "caucasian". Caucasian is a race...but "white" is a cultural/economic/societal symbol.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

or a plastic surgeon's ministrations.

"Ahhh, humor; a difficult concept."

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Yeah....I got it. I just wanted him to further define his comment.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Semi-relevant- 'Outrage' by Vincent Bugliosi (master prosecutor responsible for putting Manson behind bars) is probably the best book written on the trial. He blames OJs acquittal squarely on an incompetent prosecution. Note that Clark and Darden left the DA's office shortly after the trial...

Reply to
Shawn Wilson

If he was black he would have been found guility

Reply to
Arcusinoz

The judge was just as up & locked.

Reply to