OT: What's a Good WWII RTS PC Game?

Title says it all, I just can't seem to find any decent WWII RTS game. Anyone else find a good one?

JC Hayes

Reply to
JC Hayes

the Microsoft Close Combat series can't be beat.

Sean Neilan Peace leads to strength. Strength leads to war. War leads to weakness. Weakness leads to peace.

Imagine what we will learn when people are not afraid to ask whatever they wish?- JH

If sense is so common, why do so few people have it?

Reply to
IncubusNitemare

I love Combat Mission but since you are looking for an RTS, I would suggest "Blitzkrieg". Nice graphics with real weapons and vehicles plus 3 solid and very long campaigns.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Parent

Can't be beat? That tends to make it futile and frustrating instead of fun, doesn't it? ;)

Reply to
EGMcCann

try the close combat series . 1 thru five .

Reply to
raymond o'hara

Toni,

check out Airborne Assault

by Panther Games, to be published (soon) by Matrix. The previous incarnation of this, AA: Red Devils Over Arnhem (published by Battlefront & CDV in Europe) was excellent. Game features realistic command structures, very good friendly & enemy AI, continuous space and continuous pausable time, orders of battle down to company level in most cases and down to troop/platoon level for some support units, and a whole lot more.

Cheers Steve

Reply to
Golf33

ohhhh, you got me there. actually it's the complete opposite of that, and playing as the Germans i've successfully caputered the Kremlin and also succesfully defended the Reichstag, but unfortunately this has no affect on the final outcome of the game, the good guys win again.

Sean Neilan Peace leads to strength. Strength leads to war. War leads to weakness. Weakness leads to peace.

Imagine what we will learn when people are not afraid to ask whatever they wish?- JH

If sense is so common, why do so few people have it?

Reply to
IncubusNitemare

I really like Battlefront.com (Combat Mission Series) Barbarossa to Berlin. It is semi-real time tactics. Where you give the orders and then watch them played out in 1 minute intervals. Of all the games I have tried for WWII tactical combat I find it so far above the rest. Beware though it can be addicting.

Reply to
Rick Bennett

Lance Mertz Ketchikan, Alaska Toujours Prete

Nospam in email address to respond.

Reply to
Lance Mertz

What is "RTS"? Jerry 47