Re: luddite joe hu

> >"e" schreef in bericht >news:JyRXa.1728774$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com... >> poated in nospam and 80's. > >Got it! >I have yet to get used to the style of music but it is a remarkable piece of >art. >Thanks a lot! > > >

"style of music"? it's just 20 year old british no wave. there are 3 other versions including a 12" remix. i haven't gotten to digitizing it yet.

Some of us MFEs get used to a certain style and stay there. I for one have not really heard much put out in the past decade that I want to hear over again. I think you know of two exceptions. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

If you ever get to digitizing the latest version and feel like posting it, please put a hu in here. This one sounds a bit like David Bowie having a bad dream. But I will try to get used to this one in the meantime ;-)

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

I do listen to forms new to me. Once the easy listening stations around here were strangled by their owners, I found the public station had Classics on most of the day. I liked chamber music and Bach anyway so it was easy to go there. With the 'new' stereo I can get some of the Philly FM stations and can get some cool jazz for a change of pace. Local stations can be tiresome at times. We have two oldies stations, two classic rock stations and one (that used to be the AM powerhouse here) that pumps out vile cRap. There's a Latino station, 2 or 3 country (eccccchhhh!), one with Christian rock and one Christian station that frowns on all that rock stuff. About 50% of those are Clear Channel owned. Amazingly, as radio improves technologically, I find it less worthwhile turning it on.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

About two years ago, we had the DishNet installed after a brief dispute with Adelphia Cable. One of the pluses that I came to find was CD sounds. Almost fifty channels of stereo music, anything from Country to Latin to Classical to Big Band. All music, NO jocks, no noise. Within a month I had the Dish box hooked up to an old surplus stereo tuner/amp and ran the sounds through the house. I like modeling to New Age, or Acoustic Folk music. Almost never watch the TV, though.

The Old Timer

industrial, trance and old school punk are my modeling tunes.