OT: Who Killed the Red Baron on PBS Nova - Tuesday

this is a repeat and was very interesting. I won't give it all away, but the man who got the kill may not have been Brown.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Well, that's right up there with "Japan Surrenders!"

These are worth watching for the recreations of the planes and dogfights, and the ground weapons in action.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

If memory serves, the show sums up by figuring by the angle of the bullet wound, that he was killed from a shot from the ground by a Canadian soldier...

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Don't you mean Austrailian?

Reply to
Giessenlad

Australian is the way to go. I say the Australians did and do you guys have any idea how hard that is to say for a New Zealander!!!

Cheers.

Giessenlad wrote:

Reply to
Sean McFarlane

soldier...

I promise you, when Hollywood does the story of Von Richthofen it will be a clear cut case of suicide. ;-)

WmB

WmB

Hey, the memory ain't what it used to be. found my way to work this morning and that's a good start!

Craig

Reply to
who me?

wound, that he was killed from a shot from the ground by a Canadian soldier...Don't you mean Austrailian?>>

If MY memory serves, this program was on about a year ago, and this subject was hashed out WAY beyond anything even remotely reasonable, with zero results other than a lot of name calling.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

if gibson does it, we'll see the second coming after he does.

Wuz not. Rabbitt season!

[The Looney Tune deprived will have no idea what that's about]

WmB

WmB

ISTR that the current "agreed opinion" is a Canadian in the air and an Australian on the ground. It's diplomatic (although maybe not true) to say that neither could have done it alone...

Elmer season!

[Is there such a person?]
Reply to
Rob Kelk

what about the reports of a flying dog house in the area that day?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Wasn't that shot down?

Reply to
Rob Kelk

I'm a Fiddler crab! Shoot me, shoot me!

The Old Timer

" WmB" wrote in news:A5yjc.12746$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Duck season!

Reply to
Gray Ghost

"Wuz not Wabbitt season"

Get it right or Elmer will call his attorneys. :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

what the Fudd where we talking about?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

yes but he made a dramatic escape from behind enemy lines,in time to make it to the root beer hall

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Ohh here we go...round and round again..La La La La I've been around this May Pole too many times...have fun with it mates!! But I put my polk on the lone Aussie with his .303 Lee Enfield...just saying ...ahh what the f**k..its only one round..aien't gonna bankrupt the bloody Bank of England!! Luv You Guys! Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

And if Russ Meyers did it we'd see the second c.... Never mind.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak