P 51 D TIRE-WHEEL size

Our group is building P 51s for an exhibit.. I'm building the Tamiya one in 1/48.. I want to use True Detail tires but they seem very small compared to the ones in the model.... Who is right ?

Thanks

Jose

Reply to
boisferas

Not sure of the tire, but ISTR it uses a 14" wheel. Also, I think the AT-6/SNJ/T-6 uses the same tire & wheel, so if you can locate the info for a T-6, it should be the same.

Reply to
frank

in article snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com, boisferas at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on 5/6/08 10:45 PM:

If you want to use resin replacment wheels, I recommend Ultracast. Whether or not they're the right size, the True Detail wheels are way too flattened. Ultracast items will be the correct size, and they make them in diamond, block, radial and smooth tread patterns.

Order direct:

Pip Moss

Reply to
Pip Moss