[p-OT] Valkyrie undercarriage gubbins.

Does anyone have clear images of the main undercarriage as seen from the front or back ? I've got side-on images but the wheels mask all the stuff that's wrapped around the bogey.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Are you referring to the US Air Force's XB-70 bomber?

Ed

Reply to
robbelothe

Correct! I've got a beautiful side-on shot but it hides all the cabling and hydraulics. The image below in the undercarriage extension sequence in none too clear and I've been to just about every site I can imagine.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Richard. I will be volunteering as a docent in the R&D Hanger of the National Museum of the United State Air Force (formerly known as the Air Force Museum) tomorrow morning, and will take pictures of the XB-70's landing gear from any diretion you want. As I often tell people who are attempting to take pictures in the hanger, "Because of the crowded conditions, it's hard to get a picture of a whole airplane, but if you want a good picture of landing gear, this is the place to get it!."

Let me know back channel if there is anything else you want.

Ed Cope

Reply to
Edward Cope