p3

Hasegawa makes the only kit. Venerable. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Of the old Alfa? The Ferrari?

Reply to
Charles Fox

that mean a lot of scratching?

Reply to
someone

shaddup. wings only.

Reply to
someone

got a pic bill? what color are french ww2 bomber interiors?

Reply to
someone

wize azz.

Reply to
someone

It dates to the early '80s. I don't think you can get cooties off it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

In 1/72nd, yes. Revell made one out of their Electra kit and tried to pass it off as 1/144th. It's closer to 1/115th, I believe. It makes up nicely as a P-3A.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

There's also the excellent LS/ARII kit in true 1/144 scale.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Yep, somewhere it intrudes into a scene.

A lot of the fighters wore bleu de nuit. I'm not sure about the bombers. When I built mine I used interior green but I had very little data on the interiors. Bleu de nuit was a very dark blue. I'd recommend Pactra Royal Blue but its long OOP.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Zee colour you're looking for is Chamois. Kind of a tan 13695. Zere is also interior cream 13711 and a translucent Vert Protective; green protective coat. French WWII camouflage is fascinating stuff but hard to find info on (at least in English.) The tin I've got of Humbrol's Night Blue was ostensibly for the cockpit, especially the instrument panel. If you don't want to get real technical paint ze cockpit a very dark blue (US Navy blue would suffice) and the rest a tan. If you want to get real detailed get out your fan deck and I'll send you a load of colours. Apprentice Farbton Polizei

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

that's the scale of last resort for me. too small for my old eyes. even the airfix 747 was a pain.

Reply to
someone

life is wierd, i have a bottle in my 70's stash. it seems saveable. gotta find bombers. i'm getting a box of heller kits and i love them wiedie bombers.

Reply to
someone

please send. i'm learning that in modeling, fanatcism in the name of accuracy is mandatory.

Reply to
someone

Aarrrggh! How could I forget that one?! I've got a half-built one here too. That's the kit that Minicraft ripped off for their 'Electra'. Thanks, Al, from one MFE to another..:)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Okay, the Bleu Nuit is 35045, USN blue is the same color. Gris Bleu Fonce, the topside grey is 35164. Corresponding paints are Humbrol Hu16 and GS Ho42. What paint range are you using? Gris Bleu Clair, the underside grey is 25189. hth The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

mostly model master.

Reply to
someone

They have a selection of French colours available. They don't match Humbrol's shades exactly and I don't know which is 'right' and which is off.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yep. Too bad they took short cuts on the fuselage... :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski