Anyone order that Griphon book?

Mine arrived today, all the way from svvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeden

Looks a good read, odd few nice pics too

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

But not so good reference material, although I learned a great deal about Gripen.

Cheers,

Bostjan

Reply to
Bostjan Lemut

Ordered mine on Wednesday. Kind of curious to see how long it takes to get to the US of A.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Mine arrived yesterday while I was at work, but luckily my neighbour saw the postman and just brought it round for me now. Looks good! 160+pages, plenty of photos and lots of text. Thanks for the heads up. Chek

Reply to
Chek

Got a look at it today in a hobby shop in Lancaster, CA - long on pictures of Grippens in operation/flying...very short on detail pictures. No pics of the landing gear or gear wells...no pics of the cockpit side consoles...pics of several variants of the main instrument panel, but it's very hard to tell if they are pictures from actual Grippens or mock ups. No accurate/detailed 3-view drawings. No detail as to stores loading/configurations other than the inflight pictures...

Still, it looked like a very good write-up on the history of the aircraft for history buffs...I passed on it - not really what I was looking for to build a model from.

Reply to
Rufus

Have you tried contacting Saab about the kind of pictures you are looking for? You could at least give it a try... they are often cooperative (or so I've heard).

Reply to
Marcus Andersson

That would be an interesting exchange...bet they'd try and sell me an airplane...or dozen...first.

Reply to
Rufus