paasche VL needles question

Hello,

I have a paasche VL airbrush. It came with three needles and tips. The tips are clearly marked in separate containers. One needle and tip is installed in the brush. The other two needles are packaged together in a plastic tube. My question is, how do I tell which needle is which. I assume the number 1 needle and tip are in the brush since the other two tips are marked numbers 3 and

  1. That means the needles I have in the plastic tubes are also numbers 3 and 5. Both the needles look the same to me. How do I tell which is which?

Regards, Dave Semeraro snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
dave.semeraro

How do I tell which is which?

Fineness. The 1 needle is very fine, sort of like a sewing needle. The

3 needle (medium flow) is thicker and the 5 needle (heavy flow) is much thicker with only some tapering at the tip. Ditto the needle jets, tiny, medium and large for the 1-3-5.

It's not like golf!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne