painting on small & tight corners.

Just started painting my model yesterday & today. Not that pretty I must say but, hey, it's a start. I'm currently experiencing some probs with some really small parts with some elevated areas. The instruction says I paint the main part with one color & the protruding areas with another. Say, the surface is to be colored white and the outcropping part is to be colored red. How do I paint it so that I don't touch these protruding parts & vice versa? also, I find it hard to paint on those cornes without the paint "bleeding" into the next area. :(

Reply to
Chad

See if you can use a small piece of paper (such as a post-it note) as a kind of mask. Hold the paper's edge at this corner, "masking" the area that you do *not* want to paint, and paint with a brush. Just keep applying this "mask" around the protruding piece, until you paint all sides.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Better yet, flat aluminum.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

good point Al, I'm still stuck in that 'gray under white' mindset for some reason--I'll learn someday.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658

On 12-21-2004, TimeTraveler658 screamed into the abyss saying:

Hmm... sorta like around mirrors. ;)

Reply to
Chad