Painting PVC

Any Ideas on what paint to use to paint or prime PVC pipe?

SB "The time has come, The Walrus said, To talk of many things: Of shoes and ships and sealing wax Of cabbages and kings And why the sea is boiling hot And whether pigs have wings."

My kill file;

ProMedeller Azhosers

Reply to
SteveB

Depends on how well you want it to hold up. Most any paint will work. OTOH, if you really want it to work well, you should probably use a flexible auto part primer. It's clear & you can get it at auto paint stores & I've seen another cheaper one at WalMart. After that, use whatever paint you want.

SteveB wrote:

Reply to
frank

I've used Krylon spraycan primer on PVC pipe with good success. You can then paint it with just about anything.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

While the other suggestions will probably work, I'm going to suggest lacquer from start to finish (no pun intended). My line of reasoning is that the cleaner and glue for PVC is lacquer-based. It actually melts the surface to stick to it, like it would styrene. Therefore, the primer and paint would become one with the PVC...sort of a Lacquer Zen thing if you will. Just my 2¢ worth.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658