Panda Models???

I've never had any of this companies kits. Interested in a couple of ship models coming out. Any comments regarding quality?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Henk

All the kits I've seen from them are scaleups of other company's products. Their 1/35 Hueys are scaled up 1/48 Italeri kits with no increase in detail and the panel lines scaled up so they look like trenches. Their 1/48 F-35s are scaled up 1/72 Italeri kits with no increase in detail and all the errors of the original kit.

The 1/350 Arleigh Burke looks OK, but I suspect it is scaled up 1/700 DML kit. That said, of all the Panda kits I have, this is probably the best one, and the kit comes with a PE fret for the railings and mast details. The hull is in one piece. It's actually a pretty good value for the price IMHO. WEM has just announced a PE set for the kit.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Dragon owns Panda, so they would have a right to do that . However, they did a lot of original research on the Burke class in preparation for this model. I have heard a lot of good things about this model, especially at the price. The few blips are relatively easy to correct if you can't live with them.

Kurt

Kurt Greiner

SeaPhoto Maritime Photography ...delete "net" to reply

- now taking online payments via Paypal

Learn about large scale r/c model warships- Warship Models Underway

Kurt Greiner

B1 was OK. Someone who reviewed the XB35 said the panel lines were ficticious. The Huey had huge rivets and panel lines.

But you never know what future products will be like. Presumably they will get better or die.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett