PE for 1:700 Enterprise (original)

Okay, the History channel Enterprise 360 has got to me, and caused me
to pull of the shelf my unbuilt kit and think about starting it! I am
looking for a photoetch detail set for it. So far my search has
pulled up nothing specifically for the Enterprise. I see some generic
stuff for US WW2 carriers, including catwalks and railings. I assume
this means railings for the catwalks themselves. I do see some generic
radars. What I really would like to see in the set is the fold-down
railing-safety net things.
I do see stuff for Essex class and Midway class carriers. Would these
sets work on Enterprise?
Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
on 4/4/2008 10:38 AM Don Stauffer in Minnesota said the following:
Like you said, perhaps generic stuff, but the Enterprise, being a Yorktown class ship, the radar, masts, and other stuff might be different.
Reply to
willshak
Hi Don,
White Ensign do a detail set (see following link), but not clear if it is for WW2, though I would guess so going by the other items on the page.
I did have a quick look at Gold Medals but never saw anything, however unfortunately the owner Loren Perry has had to go to hopsital due to severe lung problems & pneumonia. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
Cheers, Stephen
Reply to
SL
That link did'nt quite work but if you click on 'Site Map' on the left, just scroll down until you see 1/700 scale photo-etch & click on 'U.S. Vessels' that takes you to the correct page & scroll down again until you see the detail fret itself (Ref: #PS 755 Hornet CV8 & Enterprise CV6).
Cheers, Stephen
Reply to
SL
Many thanks, Stephan. I had not considered White Ensign, 'cause I have never ordered outside US. But they seem to be the only game in town, so I just did my first online UK order. Sure hope the dollar hasn't fallen TOO badly re the pound!
Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
on 4/5/2008 10:35 AM Don Stauffer in Minnesota said the following:
Some pics:
Note the differences of the superstructure before and after her retrofit in June 1942. Fire control, etc.

willshak
No problem & hope £ does'nt hit you too bad either.
Not sure if there is a US distributer for White Ensign but sometimes you are just as well to go direct.
I'm sure everything should arrive safely as they are a friendly bunch & always dress up for the UK nationals & other shows in appropriate naval attire which is another reason people remember them.
Cheers, Stephen
Reply to
SL

Site Timeline