Ping Bill Shuey

Hi Bill, can you read this message ?

Bill seems to have some troubles to post on rms... Does someone see his messages posred yesterday and the day before please ?

rgds

Reply to
Flying Frog

Hi Chris, I see Bill's postings on a regular basis but can't tell you about the last day or two. What were the subject lines? tia,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Keeper a formulé la demande :

Hi Keeper,

Well, I don't know. I didn't saw his posts yesterday, bit he sent to me an SOS email to know if rms is still alive or not, because he dosn't see any message.

cheers

Reply to
Flying Frog

Hi:

I solved the problem by clearing out all my newsgroup subscriptions and re-subscribing. Seems O.K. now. Only problem I am still having is with my e-mail server. When I go into my mailbox, it starts listing the messages and there must be one in there that is a huge piece of SPAM. It hangs up on this message and just keeps sending and receiving data but nothing comes up. The status graphic says the message is stuck on 2%. Very irritating, I shall have to call the Starpower tech help on this one. Probably some Chinese add for Gensing with humongous graphics! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Go to the Starpower homepage, find and click the button "webmail" then login when prompted using your e-mail ID and password. Then you can see what's on the server and if that message is spam, delete it from the server and after that you can download normally. I had to do that last year when that e-mail clogging virus hit most of the world.

Reply to
Ron

Ron:

Thanks for the feedback. I wonder if there is a new version of that virus on the move? My McAfee firewall hasn't made a bleep.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

No problem Bill......probably either just one piece of spam or some idoit sent you a .tif file.....

Reply to
Ron

Hi Bill, I will send a very good soft to you : OutClock. It's a french (but English language is available) anti-spam program, with black-list, filters on sender, word, etc... A real jewel !

Take a look in your mailbox in some minutes...

Reply to
Flying Frog

go to your isp's on line mail server and delete the garbage there. your mail should be ok after that. sounds like you got sporged. having so many friends, it's happened to me a couple of times. you know how to do it?

Reply to
someone

oops. well, great minds work alike.

Reply to
someone

Haven't a clue!

Bill Shuey

snipped-for-privacy@some.doma>

Reply to
William H. Shuey

your isp will have a website. go there and look for the email section. use your name and password to get to your mail. delete the garbage and you should be fine.

someone

Hi Bill,

Did you received Outclock ?

Reply to
Flying Frog

There's 'always' a new version of a virus out there. I wish those creeps spent half as much time improving the human condition as they waste making life miserable for others.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

One of my computer friends takes lots of pictures of his cats. One evening I had such a big message from him it took half the evening to download with dial-up. OK, they're cute cats, but...

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Il se trouve que William H. Shuey a formulé :

Well Bill, I'm sorry but I don't have this kit. All I can tell about it is : it isn't a kit for beginners (but you are not a beginner) and even for "old" modellers, a good documentation is really a minimum before to do anything. The kit seems to be very "light" about details, and I think to have saw some errors (parts not glueded) : air intake, wheels, etc...

Reply to
Flying Frog