polar Lights Space coupe Need your Help

I have no idea why it's a hit. If I spent the day putting up with cretins in power why would I come home and watch it on the tube?

my all time fave garage sale score.

I remember him mentioning those in his forewords in the first 10 Star Trek novelisations. I do believe they were at the library back then. If I ever have the time to spare to stop by I'll look them up.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Neat. My Major Matt Mason only ever came with a glorified skateboard scooter.

Doing a Google search for "dick tracy one man fly" turned up this interesting page:

Where one respondent compares the Williams WASP to Tracy's ride. (As another respondent says, I don't care how impractical or how much of a death-trap these are, I. Want. One!)

Apparently The Complete Chester Gould's Dick Tracy collections will be up near volume 17 before they cover this period.

Reply to
Jack Bohn

The Tracy Police flier didn't seem to have any sort of landing gear; whoever here described it as a trashcan with a pair of crutches sticking out of the top hit it right on the nose; that _exactly_ what they looked like. But that photo:

about the closest thing ever done for real I assume they used Diet Smith's magnetic lift systems for flight.

Tracy fans loved the things like the Wrist Radio, but hated the things like the Moon Coupe and Moonmaid series of stories. Now, if _I'd_ been making a Dick Tracy movie, I'd know exactly which actor to get to portray him; because his face is a dead-ringer for him:

Bronson. You've seen his movies. You going to screw with this guy in a fedora when he's carrying a Tommy-gun? Hell no, you're not. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

well worth it.

Reply to
someone

Well - Now I really went and Did It - LOL

I just cut out the openings for the three windows to My Dick Tracy Space Coupe. However - That seems to have been the very easy part - LOL.

Now i've Done It - I'm in it for the Long Haul of making an Interior. It should be loads of Fun to do this little project. :)

... Carl ..........

.
Reply to
cyberborg 4000

Here's a thought; the scale of it might be fairly near a "O" gauge (1/48) train, so you might want to check this stuff out:

's 10,926 products to look at there in that scale. You could get some nifty lighting gear for the innards of it there also. If it's smaller, then try out "S" gauge (1/64th scale) There's 1,235 of those here:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

pics? please?