Prime before or after rescribing?

Should I prime my model before or after rescribing the recessed panel lines? Right now, the model is OOB. I want to rescribe the panel lines and make them deeper, but don't know which order to do this in.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
nobbody

No, you do not have to prime first. It can help is seeing mistakes, just so much as you sand it down and don't have too much build up of it before painting starts. I generally scribe, sand, prime, maybe scribe/sand some more and then final prime, light sanding and than finish coats.

Remember, primer/paint fills panel lines, and too much makes their edges look soft, and the lines themselves look wider than they actually are.

Personally, for finding/seeing mistakes, I use spray Testors Metalizer aluminum. It shows everything !1 (lol...)

YMMV

Reply to
AM