Future over Bare Metal Foil

I want to use bare metal foil on some trim areas of a model I'm working on. I'm not using it as a mask that will be removed, it will
be part of the finished model. How does future react / look, over time, if it is coated with future?
It shouldn't affect it .....at least it hasn't on the stuff I had done years ago...... It will make it shine more.......Stan