Rendering a foil tray with wrinkled corners using Photoworks

Hi i'm looking for a little inspiration on rendering a smoothwall foil tray (ready meal type) in PhotoWorks.

Using the standard polished aluminium gives a pretty good likeness..................

Except the client would like to see the wrinkles in the foil (in the corner areas only) as well.

I don't really want to have to physically model these on the part.

So

Any ideas gratefully accepted!

Thanks,

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

If you're using SW 2007, it shouldn't be too hard to model with the freeform feature.

Reply to
silashilliard

I might suggest that you scan in some crinkled aluminum and apply the jpeg as a decal or texture around a split face that runs the periphery where I assume you want the crinkles to show.

Reply to
parel

Yes, this was my thought - the only problem is getting the colour & texture to match the rest of the material - looks like a job for photoshop!

Thanks,

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

"alphawave" wrote

Maybe you could also scan some un-crinkled aluminium and apply that to the other areas. This might help them to match up better.

John H

Reply to
John H

problem is getting the colour &