Problems at Squadron

This is the second time I've mail ordered something from Squadron, and this is the second time the order has been screwed up. This time, I ordered a Dragon T34/85 model 1944 and Modelkasten track for it. What I got was the tank, but the track was for the Maultier! Not even close!

What's aggravating is the invoice says the shipment was checked three times. By whom? The three blind mice?

Anyone else had this same experience?

Reply to
Allan Lindsay-O'Neal

Sometimes things happen. I am not making excuses for them but imagine you have a mind numbing job where all you do is pull models for packaging 8-10 hours a day. After a while one set of tank tracks look like another. Me, I do not build tanks so all tanks and tank parts look alike anyway. :-)

Simply call or email Squadron you will be taken care of in proper fashion. The 2 times they ever screwed up an order for me they sent out the correct stuff immediately and even let me keep the incorrect stuff on top of it. They have top notch customer service so do not fret. Yes it is annoying to open a box with anticipation only to discover it is not right. No you do not need to worry that you will "eat" the wrong items.

Let us know how they handle it..

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Not knowing Squadron stock system I can't say for sure why the mistake but reasons could be: picker error - stock mixed up (wrong tracks in bin) - supplier sent wrong item to squadron.

I have seen "fast" stock pickers use last three digits of a 6 digit stock number & ignore fact first three numbers were different. Or, maybe, to picker a track is a track is a track.

Then there is just plain stupidity.

I worked in a parts center (customer service) and got to see about every possible error that could be made. Once a customer received wrong item 3 times in a row (bellows motor in place of a gear motor) so I drew correct item on a 4' square piece of cardboard and attached that to invoice. Customer got correct part.

It is usually worth calling a company when you get wrong item. They usually want to know about ant errors to help prevent more errors. If there is a stock mix (wrong items mixed in with correct) they will certainly want to know as this type of error isn't always evident at a glance, especially if pickers are just pickers and not hobbiests who know what they are looking at.

Reply to
Charles Seyferlich

About a year ago I went through a bad spell with Squadron. 4 orders in a row screwed up. Once the person I talked to on the phone said, "send it back, then well send you the correct item." Once I was charged for an item that was backordered, and once my order was misplaced, twice. The last few orders have been fine.

Cfbush2000

Much cut.

Be careful, the black list may still exist for those who mention certain things.

A strong personal and positive observance has not proven to dilute the first part.

:-)

Tom Proud member of the Black List Society.

Reply to
Maiesm72

WOW! six posts about Squadron and not one mentioned that they did not get the September flyer yet. amazing restraint I must say....

Maiesm72 wrote:

Reply to
Craig

Mine was in my mailbox today in SoCal.

Woody

R> Probably because mine came today.....

Reply to
James Woody

Seeing as yesterday was a national holiday, mine either came today or Saturday...I hadn't checked the mail for a few days. But it's in teh house now.

And I get to go pick up my Trumpeter F-105G tomorow...not from Squadron. Got a better deal...

Reply to
Rufus

what was your deal? I'm gonna wait a bit and pray for a loss leader sale somewhere...

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Got an "in" as a member of our local Navy Museum - my yearly membership gets me 25% off in the gift shop, in addition to any specials they happen to be running at the time. I got to inspect a D kit at a club meeting tonight - now I gotta have that one too...want to load it out with napalm...

Hobbyland had the best retail price I've seen on them - I can't seem to find a listing on their website now; but the flyer I saw at tonights meeting still had them listed.

Rufus

I made one call, they called back inside of ten minutes with an RMA number and said to let them know how much it cost to return. Since I'm off to Ventura next week on a new job, the correct track will be waiting for me when I get back in two weeks.

I do have to hand it to their customer service. They don't waste time, and they're professional about it.

Reply to
Allan Lindsay-O'Neal

Got mine yesterday, why?

The Old Timer

BTW, when I do an order for MMD, I only put the item # and quantity & fax it. Since it was about 10 years ago, I phoned it in, (I didn't have a fax & Al Gore hadn't made the 'net available to me either, but that doesn't matter), so most likely I did tell them it was the F27!

Reply to
Frank May

Absolutely.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I've dealt with them for over twenty-five years. Seems that since x-mas of 2001 that things have been screwed-up. I kept getting very expensive models in place of the cheap ones I ordered, they have the same item # with different prefixes. When I complained and offered to send the models back, the Customer Service woman took me off their customer list and won't let me order from them anymore.

JW

This is the second time I've mail ordered something from Squadron, and this is the second time the order has been screwed up. This time, I ordered a Dragon T34/85 model 1944 and Modelkasten track for it. What I got was the tank, but the track was for the Maultier! Not even close!

What's aggravating is the invoice says the shipment was checked three times.

By whom? The three blind mice?

Anyone else had this same experience?

Reply to
freqncee