PT-22

Is there a 1/48th PT-22 kit?

David OD Long Beach

Reply to
BomberODavid

Didn't Hawk/Testors do one?

Reply to
famvburg

I recall one being available about 20-25 years ago.

Yellow box, shown in NMF and Yellow wings. Testors?? Somebody will know the manufacture. But yes, there is/was one.

Francis Marion

Reply to
Francis Marion

Hawk started it, and it was picked up by Testors. Its still around, if you look hard enough.

The Old Timer

Here's one I did about 2 years ago:

Michael Stanley

Those are some fabulous models your club has built!

Jay In AZ

Reply to
Jay Beckman

Pretty good job....but this is a PT-22

Those are some fabulous models your club has built!

Jay In AZ

Reply to
Harry Kolomyjec

FWIW The Ryan PT-22 was a radial engined 2 seat trainer. I know Hawk did a Ryan trainer kit some years ago, but I believe it was the version with the Ranger in-line engine. The molds were picked up bt Testors in later years and are still available today. As I remember, the Hawk kit was issued at one time or another as both a float plane and a land plane. To make the radial engined version you would have to do some modification to the front end of the Hawk kit. I don't know off the top of my head what the radial engine was, Warner maybe? Engines n' Things might have a suitable engine.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

IIRC, the radial was a 5 cylinder Kinner. Not sure of the HP or CID.

Reply to
famvburg