[Q] Dora railgun?

I know there's been a leopold released in plastic, but has anyone released a Dora 800mm railgun?

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

Not as yet. It would be twice as large as Leopold, and twice as expensive. Still, with Trumpeter and Dragon trying to outdo each other, anything is possible. GPO

Reply to
Lafimprov

It would be an expensive but possible kit in HO scale or perhaps 1/72-76, but nobody in their right mind would do this kit up in 1/35 scale.

Lew Pruneau did one for the 1984 IPMS Nationals in Atlanta and it took four guys to bring it in -- he used a Luan plywood door blank for a base (36" x

78"). The model took up nearly the entire base, and later on someone noted it was about two actual feet (70 scale feet) too short.

The kit would not be $200, but probably more like $800 and ergo only sold to a handful of people.

Unless, of course, you want junk with aa PVC pipe barrel and things like that...

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne

There are only a few scratch built guns. Pruneu and a Belgian guy have displayed theirs. Have a look at this 1/16th one.Perhaps he will sell plans he used.

I have some 1/76 plans enlarged to 1/32 that appeared in Military Modelling a many years ago. The overall outline looks OK but the mounting on the rail cars looks iffy. One day I will get arround to doing it in 1/35.

Reply to
David Amos