[Q] Large starlifter and galaxy?

Does anyone release larger scale kits for these 2 plane? I've only see the tiny 1/700 pit-road kits.

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

IIRC, Entex did a 1:200 scale C-5 - later re-released by Nichimo and others???

There is (was?) a Combat Models vacform of the C-141 and a vacform of the C-5 from Delta models.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Duffey
1/144 Otaki / Entex C-5 1/200 DML/Dragon C-141A and C-141B 1/125(?) Aurora C-141A 1/72 ID Models C-5 (vacuform) 1/72 Nova C-141A and C-141B (vacuform)

Unfortunately, none of these are readily available. I suggest you try eBay.

Curt

Reply to
C Knowles

Revell boxed the otaki kit as well. Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
M Bryant

And Entex even had the C-5A out in a boxing as a civil aircraft. I spotted one on E-bay last year but it still went for big bucks even with its identity in stealth mode.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

The Aurora C-141A is 1/108. Combat Models has the old Nova C-141A & C-141B kits now.

Reply to
frank may

I concur. Revell released the 1/144 Otaki kit as a white-gray C-5A in

1982 and as a camouflaged C-5B in 1984(?).

For a long time, the only way to tell a C-5A from a C-5B was to look at the shape of a small blade antenna located under the fuselage forward of the nose landing gear. If it was rectangular, it was an "A", if it was swept, it was a "B". Of course, you could also look at the serial numbers too.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Yeah, It's Nova Models that does the 1/72 vac of the Starlifter. I was able to pick one up at a swap meet a couple of years ago for about $15.00 (US). No I'm not going to get rid of it. And it looks to be a SERIOUS dog! Even less detail than normally expected of a vac form. Of course, it is an OLDER vac kit, and in some ways represented the state of the art for its time.

Unfortunately, it implies that it's going to be an 'in flight' version unless'n I feel like scratchin' together some landing gear!

Hope this helps!

Reply to
Drew Hill

Yeah, that'd be the way I went!

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

A quick Google shows a 1/480 kit from Minicraft still being sold. I came close to grabbing a 1/144 Otaki kit a few months but missed it by 5 minutes! :-(

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

Looks like the 1/288 kit by Starfix was left out of this survey so I thought I'd mention it ;^) I actually have one and it does kind of look like a C-5.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

If you're looking for the 1/144 Revell/Otaki C-5A kit, I have one for sale at a reasonable price. E-Mail me @ snipped-for-privacy@capaccess.org. I'm in the USA.