Question, (slightly O.T.)

How do you say SPAM in Chinese?? I bet I'm not the only rms'er starting to get a regular dose of totally unintelligible garbage from across the Pacific. What is in their heads? It is over "Illustrated" so it takes forever to download and it is completely un-readable when it is. I hear people say that China is learning capitalism fast! Maybe, but Brother, they've still got a long way to go.

Kung-Pao Spam?? Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Are you sure that it's Chinese? China doesn't have much of an Internet presence yet, but South Korea has broadband in more houses per capita than the USA or Canada does. Just like here, a fraction of Korean computer users don't know about firewalls and computer security, so their computers get hijacked...

Anyway, in this context, the Korean for "spam" is "spam", and the Chinese for "spam" is "spam". Likewise with Spanish, Japanese, and most other languages. (I'm not sure about French.) It's become a well-known loanword.

Reply to
Rob Kelk

Would that be sweet&sour spam or almond fried spam?

Reply to
ARMDCAV

General Tsao's Spam?

The Old Timer

Spam, Spam, Spam, Leechee Nuts, Spam.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Rob: The return address is posted below, China or Korea? I don't know, but I suspect the Koreans are a bit more savvy than this.

½±¶®µX

Bill Shuey Rob Kelk wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Wouldn't it be something if the company that makes Spam gets a nickel everytime the word SPAM gets used. Cheers, Max B.

Reply to
Max Bryant

Reply to
Grandpa

Where are Scully and Mulder when you need them??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

shacked up in the rerun trailer....

le spam? :-P

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Spam, Spam, Spam, Leechee Nuts, Bok choy and Spam

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

I can't traceroute to that machine, and hinet.net is unknown to the usual whois databases, but it might be Taiwan.

Reply to
[SM04]Serge D. Grun

Why do I feel like breaking out in song? Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam......Python Lives!

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I use MailWasher to monitor my incoming e-mail and it also has a link to report spam messages to SpamCop. Most, nearly ALL, of the spam messages I have received lately have been traced back via SpamCop to addresses including "chinanet.cn" in the URL. Just FYI.

I highly recommend MailWasher or some other mail m>How do you say SPAM in Chinese?? I bet I'm not the only rms'er starting

Reply to
M. J. Rudy