Re: A-12 Shrike

I am building the Czech Model A-12 Shrike kit and I have some

>questions. Where did the A-12s stow their bombs? What was a typical >bomb load? the drawings with the kit and the photographs I have seen >are unclear.

".......The A-12 could carry ten 30-lb bombs internally in a pair of N-2 bomb racks just aft of the pilot's seat and on either side of the main fuel tank. These bombs were carried in a vertical position. Alternatively, an external rack capable of carrying up to four

100-pound bombs could be installed underneath the fuselage. A 52-gallon auxiliary tank could be carried in place of the bombs. The auxiliary tank could be dropped in flight. In fact, the main fuel tank could also be jettisoned in flight by means of a special release handle. ......."
Reply to
jegan