Need to borrow a part! Monogram B-52D...

This may sound crazy, but I wish to borrow the bomb racks from the

1/72 Monogram B-52D kit. I have the AMT B-52H, and it of course has the wrong bomb racks.

If anyone is willing or able to part with the bombs racks (everything between the bottom of the wing and the top of the bombs;) for a couple weeks (so I can make castings of them for my AMT kit), or sell them outright, please elt me know. I will be happy to compensate the lender for their time/effort.

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Wilson

"Mark Wilson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Hi

I may sound crazy as well, but if I were You I would built _both_ in parallel. I built the AMT some 5 years ago and am now going to make my D from Revell. Will be a nice impression on my wall when ready :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Gelbrich

Is the Monogram kit still available? I haven't seen it anywhere for several years...

Reply to
Mark Wilson

"Mark Wilson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Well, AFAIK the Revell B-52D _is_ the former Monogram kit. Revell and Monogram have merged some time ago, so they republished also other kits as the B-36 e.g. ... I built it 10 years ago from Monogram, and today it just has a new box. Oh, how I like those _big_ airplanes 8o)

greetings, Jan

Reply to
Jan Gelbrich

Did the original poster get what he was looking for? I have one in the attic partially built that I could loan the bomb racks off of for a couple weeks.

Reply to
Steve Faxon

"Steve Faxon" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m19.aol.com...

He is lucky !

Maybe I would have done it if I was in the US, as I suppose the poster is and most posters are - but I am in Germany, that would have been too far.

greetings, Jan

Reply to
Jan Gelbrich

Hello Jan, what were you looking for? Maybe I can help you.

Reply to
Steve Faxon

"Steve Faxon" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m18.aol.com...

Erh, well, I was not the original poster (->Mark Wilson), I was just answering. But Thank You anyway :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Gelbrich

Hi Jan,

I like the big ones too! I build 1/72 bombers exclusively. (Exceptions incude certain 1/72 recon aircraft, 1/72 tankers, a 1/350 Dolittle Raid Hornet I'll be starting on, and a couple Screamin' 1/6 Bettie Page resin models for my libido...)

My reason for choosing this specific scale is specifically due to the availability of the Mono B-36 kit. My wishes include a 1/72 Zeppelin Staaken R.IV (along the quality/detail lines of the Roden Gotha kits) and a 1/72 Tu-160 that won't cost me my firstborn.

Audios, Danny

Danny Stone

Her models might qualify as 'big ones' too.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak