Re: Acrylic Rods

> Does anyone know of an online vendor that can supply acrylic rods? Also, what > is the accepted procedure for bending such rods? As always, thanks in advance. > > Mike
Reply to
Ron

Hi Mike,

Check your friendly local Plexiglas store. I'd wager they'd have rods in assorted diameters. Also, check their "junk" bin for odds and ends. You never know what you'll find.

As for bending, I use HOT water, not necessarily boiling. Shallow pan and tweezers, don't want to get scalded.

Reply to
Kitt Walker

If there is a GE Polymers store in your city they have all the acrylic and plastic supplies you need. Talk nice to the counter guy or gal and they will let you have scraps from their scrap bin that will make your eyes pop. The offcuts they throw away. Man you can stock a hobby shop with.

Reply to
klmok

Durn ! Forgot 'bout them.

Reply to