Re: Canned paint problem

dont forget to soak the can first in lukewarm water below the spray valve as in the last months issue of fine scale modeling magazine,dry off good then spray a forst coat ligtly just enough to cover it,let it get tacky dry appx 10-15 min then do a final coat per article

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

I agree with all these responses - warm the paint in water, shake very well but the multiple light passes is the critical one (at least for me). Every time I try to hurry and get it all in 1 coat, I get build-up somewhere I hadn't intended.

Reply to
Wardzone

Three possible problems

1) too thick a coat- as someone else suggested, use several thinner coats, only last one should be thick if gloss, none need be thick if flat.

2) prime? Sometimes primer prevents or lessens this problem. Paint most likely to run if over bare plastic (this is why several coats with the final coat thick helps.

3) can not shaken enough- if pa>
Reply to
Don Stauffer