Future Dip Question

When dipping a piece in Future, how do you keep it from pooling in the bottom part of the piec and creating a "bulge" of clear stuff on the edge of the piece? this make any sense?

how long does the stuff take to dry,say if I dipped a 1/24 car body....

craig

Reply to
Craig

I usually put it on wax paper and move it every fifteen minutes to alleviate drips. You can also "wick" away any excess with a tissue or similar. It's usally dry to touch in an hour but I give every thing twenty four hours to cure. hth

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

"Keeper" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m14.aol.com...

What exactly is future? I can't find the equivalent in Dutch. Is is some kind of wax-coating?

Reply to
Herbert Ackermans

It's a clear acrylic polymer used by housewives to put a shine on floors. We modellers have hijacked it for our own nefarious purposes. It may be available in the Netherlands under a different name. 'Klir' was one name discussed here before.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

No, it's not a wax, though many people make the mistake of calling it a floor wax. It's basically an acrylic clear coat which is sold for use on no-wax floors. It has different names outside North America. Go to your local supermarket and look for a floor polish or floor shine product that says "acrylic" on the label.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

Additionally, it's made by Johnson Wax. Kleer and Klar were other names I've read. hth

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Craig

Reply to
Craig

In Belgium it's called "Klir Glans", by Johnson Wax. Sold in white bottles with red square cap. However, I've recently been to the states, and I brought a bottle of the "real" future back with me, and to me, this seems to be a far superior product (a lot easier to airbrush, klir yellows after a few months, ...). I recall seeing some bottles of "real" future a while back in the Luchtvaart Hobby Shop

near Schiphol. Perhaps they still have some?

Kind regards,

Sven

"Herbert Ackermans" schreef in bericht news:c1m4se$sj4$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.tilbu.nb.home.nl...

Reply to
TimeLess

Reply to
Nemesis

Hmmph! We house bachelors use it too!

Reply to
famvburg

Made by 'Johnson wax' - at least that is what it says on my bottle of Klear here in the UK.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

Reply to
Avro Canada Archives

I was going to say 'domestic help' but that sounded too formal...

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

it's fun to play with, too.