Thinning Future

Yesterday I airbrushed two of my models with Future, in preparation to decaling them. Models are airbrushed with matt Humbrol enamels.
I was not totally pleased with the result: when I lay down thin layers, the surface tension is to strong, resulting in pebble like finish. A more heavy layer does coat the model, with the risk of runs and pooling.
I tried to do something about the surface tension adding dishwashing detergent and alcohol, but noticed no difference.
My question: should I show more patience and restraint, and apply multiple thin layers, or is there a way to cover my model in one go without running Future?
TIA
Steven

I don't think surface tension is the problem. It's more likely that your air pressure is too high, causing the Future to dry as soon as it hits the model.
I find it's much easier to apply Future with a brush. I use an artist's brush with a half-inch wide chisel tip. You won't get runs or drips if you don't have too much Future on the brush.

He could also be too far away from the surface.
--
snipped-for-privacy@food.skaterat.net
All foods should be removed to reply

I spray at 200 grams (about 2.8 PSI) from about 10-15 cm (4-6") I'll give the brush method a try tonight! I'll also try a wider nozzle and spraying from closer by. Will post my findings tomorrow.
Thanks for replying.
Steven
69.16.176.251:

How exactly do you get so precise and low a reading? I just recently bought a 0 to 30 psi 270 degree dial since the 0-125 didn't give me anywhere near the precision I wnated?

The dial on my compressor has a scale ranging from 0-5 kg/cm Between each kg/cm there are 4 marks. I have my regulator set to the lowest mark, i.e. 200 gr.
HTH
Steven

Cool, sounds like you did what i did and looked for a regulator and gauge that would allow such fine adjustments.
Trying to adjust down to 12 psi on a 0-125 psi scale was kind of a crap shoot. Was never sure where it really was.

Both methods were entirely satisfactory. Not sure if it's because I already had a first layer of future on the model. That's something I intend to find out when working on the next model.
TTFN
Steven