Re: Chrome

> I was talking to someone today about a chrome paint that you paint over black > that comes out very shiny. It was about $9 per bottle. > > Anybody with a better memory know what it is and where I can get a jar? > > TIA > > Tom
Reply to
Ron

Alclad

About to test some myself. It better work, a 59 Cadillac has miles of chrome........................

Mind you, I've seen some impressive results.

Reply to
The Raven

It all depends on the quality of the black enamel you use under Alclad Chrome. If you are able to get perfectly smooth and glossy black surface, you will get perfect chrome finish with Alclad.

-- Regards, Pawel

Visit my webpage:

reviews, galleries etc.

Reply to
Vodnik

Tom - As mentioned, Alclad Chrome is the stuff you need. I witnessed an application of it at the Region 2 contest last year and became a believer. The stuff worked as promised be fellow modelers and I promptly bought two bottles. You should be able to get it for around $7 per if you look around a little. Good stuff but still don't count Spray-Metal down for the count. I've gotten very nice results from it as well.

Frank

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

You guys are great!

I'll be getting some for this project and I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

And the Gloss Black Base which Alclad now has in their line works very well for this. I got a bottle (same size as the Alclad II bottles) for $3.95 US.

Reply to
Rick DeNatale

This is an old thread, but I just found an interesting item:

Looke like Alclad II Chrome but with a clear coat. That shoudl make it more durable. I haven't tried it yet (it is pricey).

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.