re: Eric Idle on TV

"Toad in the Hole" is a dish of Sausages cooked in a batter mixture. Batter is made with Eggs, Milk and Flour beaten together (basically the same mixture used to make pancakes or Yorkshire Puddings) Sausages can be browned in a frying pan and put into a greased baking dish then the batter added. Bake in the oven. Best served with New potatos and fresh garden peas with rich brown gravy.

Reply to
Les Pickstock

Les Pickstock

And they accuse McDonald's of serving too much cholesterol!

Bill Shuey :-)

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Ahh, but THIS is good, old-fashioned homemade cholesterol - so much better for you than the modern processed stuff you get at Macca's. Roll on old-fashioned food, I say!

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Well, that's enough to ruin 'my' appetite.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

turd in the hole?

Reply to
Sbschiltz

heretic :-)

RobG

Bill Banaszak wrote

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

sounds like a variation of chisken and bisckets. hmmm, maybe with peking ravioli and those amazing chinese multi meat sausages. nice black bean sauce....

Seasond yorkshire pudding is my fave with onion gravy

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Come on, Bill! Every culture has some skeletons in its culinary closet. The French eat Frogs' legs and snails, the Germans like sausages made from blood and I don't even want to think about sushi. I made the mistake of reading the ingrediants on a ring of kishka a while back. Pity, I did like it until I read about pig lips....

The Old Timer

i like pure fat and blood with other left over parts in a skin, called black pudding

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

You're cruel...

The Old Timer

Now Haggis, there is a true Chieftain o' the Puddin' Race... Especially now I can get the proper ones locally, wrapped in sheep's stomach...

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

strangely, it sounds much worse than it tastes.

I heard one country actually boils rashers of bacon. It goes green!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Well, you could try wood pulp, cellulose and blood.

Simple Soviet WWII sausage recipe heard on The World At War.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Reply to
Les Pickstock

message

my nan used to boil them to have with something else, actually very tasty.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Green Ham and Eggs?

JJ (UK)