B&M Diesel Decals

I am looking for set 5815H from Accu Cals. They aren't made anymore. If anyone has one or two sets I would like to buy them. These sets are for the BL-2. Thanks

Reply to
Billm10454

Bill, how old is that number? All the Accucals that I have are coded differently. Mine are at least 16-18 years old. I have other B&M numbers and they don't look anything like what you are asking for.

Example:

001-B08a is for a B&M 50 foot 800 series box car. or; H1-DP38a for an EMD E7.

I have 20 decal sets for B&M. Nothing for the BL2 however. I do have for other rolling stock. If you want more info, email me.

Billm10454 wrote:

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

On the top of the decal sheet it says 'accu-cals multipak number 5815H Sht 1 of 2 copyright 1979 smp industries'. So I guess it was made around

1979. Do you th>Bill, how old is that number? All the Accucals that I have are coded
Reply to
Billm10454

I think that mine are newer. You can spray Gloss Cote or any other clear fixative and the decals should hold together.

The have copyright dates of 1973 and 1975 and cost anywhere from 75cents and a dollar.

If you would like, I can send you the decals that I have on approval. Keep the ones that you want for a buck each pack and send the rest back. This way you can see what I have and maybe you will find something that you need.

If you want to do that, email me with your address and I will send them.

Billm10454 wrote:

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

similar to turkey (and chicken) often can be wildly different depending upon what he or she has consumed during its

10 to 14 months of life...

4 well chosen cutlets (from the breasts of 2 healthy neonates)

2 large lemons (fresh lemons always, if possible) Olive oil Green onions Salt pepper cornstarch neonate stock (chicken, or turkey stock is fine) garlic parsley fresh cracked black pepper

Season and sauté the cutlets in olive oil till golden brown, remove. Add the garlic and onions and cook down a bit. Add some lemon juice and some zest, then de-glaze with stock. Add a little cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) to the sauce. You are just about there, Pour the sauce over the cutlets, top with parsley, lemon slices and cracked pepper. Serve with spinach salad, macaroni and cheese (homemade) and iced tea...

Spaghetti with Real Italian Meatballs

If you don?t have an expendable bambino on hand, you can use a pound of ground pork instead. The secret to great meatballs, is to use very lean meat.

1 lb. ground flesh; human or pork 3 lb. ground beef 1 cup finely chopped onions 7 - 12 cloves garlic 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs ½ cup milk, 2 eggs Oregano basil salt pepper Italian seasoning, etc. Tomato gravy (see index) Fresh or at least freshly cooked spaghetti or other pasta

Mix the ground meats together in a large bowl, then mix each of the other ingredients. Make balls about the size of a baby?s fist (there should be one lying around for reference). Bake at 400°for about 25 minutes - or yo

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

On decals liek Accu-Cals, which are printed on a solid clear film I had good luck spraying them with LAcquer Thinner in order to fix any possible cracking.

I just load my airbrush with Lacquer Thinner and spray heavy coat onto the front of the decal sheet. Thet seems to melt the clear coat just enough to "fix" any cracks without disturbing the ink. Just make sure you don't spray too heavily (so you see runs). But it needs to go on wet.

Of course, test this procedure on a scrap piece first as there are various formulas for Lacquer Thinner. Mine is the SCL Brand (USA).

As an alternative, you can brush the entire sheet with Microscale Liquid Decal Film. It will create a solid layer of film and it is self-leveling.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

or other pasta

Mix the ground meats together in a large bowl, then mix each of the other ingredients. Make balls about the size of a baby?s fist (there should be one lying around for reference). Bake at 400°for about 25 minutes - or you could fry them in olive oil. Place the meatballs in the tomato gravy, and simmer for several hours. Serve on spaghetti. Accompany with green salad, garlic bread and red wine.

Newborn Parmesan

This classic Sicilian cuisine can easily be turned into Eggplant Parmesan If you are planning a vegetarian meal. Or you could just as well use veal - after all, you have to be careful - Sicilians are touchy about their young family members...

6 newborn or veal cutlets Tomato gravy (see index) 4 cups mozzarella, 1cup parmesan, 1cup romano Seasoned bread crumbs mixed with parmesan romano salt pepper oregano garlic powder chopped parsley Flour eggwash (eggs and milk) Peanut oil for frying.

Pound the cutlets. Dredge in flour, eggs, then the bread crumb mixture. Fry till golden brown in 350° peanut oil. In a baking pan, place a layer of gravy, then one of meat, gravy, and cheese. Another layer each of meat, gravy, and cheese. Then bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Serve on hot pasta with romano cheese.

Southern Fried Small-fry

Tastes like fried chicken, which works just as well. In fact you may want to practice cutting up whole chickens for frying before you go for the real thing. Whole chicken is much more efficient and inexpensive than buying pieces.

1 tiny human, cut into pieces 2 cups flour Onion, garlic Salt pepper garlic powder cayenne pepper hot sauce, etc. Oil for frying

Mix milk, eggs, hot sauce in a bowl, add chopped onion and garlic. Season the meat liberally, and marinate for several hours. Place seasoned flour in a paper or plastic shopping bag, drop pieces in a few a time, shake to coat thoroughly, then deep fry in hot oil (350°) fo

Reply to
Billm10454

You'll see other "home brew" remedies whuch may or may not work, but Micro-Scale makes "Liquid decal film" which is specifically designed to restore old decals.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman