re: Eric Idle on TV

Or head up to Canada and find a Marks & Spencer's frozen food case NOW!

Reply to
Tom Cervo

I want to start up the barbeque! Okay, it's 10 pm, cold and wet but I do have a British passport. ;-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Hey, deep fried Mars bars in batter. A Glasgow delicacy!

message

Reply to
JP

I think Terry Pratchett's right in his Discworld series when he talks of 'regional delicacies' as being foods nobody from anywhere else would like ;-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

like vinegar on fries? blech.

Or mustard on a pretzel? (Gets in the way of the beer!)

The Old Timer

or mayonaise on chips! Touche?

Reply to
Les Pickstock

I've heard there are people here doing the same with 3 Musketeers bars. They may be the same bar but different name.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

blech squared.

Yeah, on fries. But Vinegar on CHIPS is good...

Salad Cream or Tomato Ketchup is better though...

JJ (UK)

Reply to
JJ-UK

Peanut butter and ayonaise on white bread...

...dunked in milk.

But not since high school. :-)

Trapped in our apartment during college by flooded streets. Nothing to drink but dark rum and root beer. Funny part was when the upstairs hippy got her cat stoned and it fell down the stairs. OK, funny at the time and after far too many rum and root beers.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

stuck in a gerogetown md apt with a psychotic gf and her preacher brother. only thing to drink? dr pepper and scotch. mixed half and half and they dimmed out and faded away.

Dr Pepper and Scotch? I hope it was s**te Scotch...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

"Dog's noses with macerated cabbage - it's a speciality!"

Reply to
DBatt56523

Strange thing I discovered on holiday in the USA was that a British Mars Bar is a US Milky Way and a British Milky Way is a US Mars Bar... :-()! In Stirling (Scotland) I bought a burger and chips from a sidestreet takeaway (McDs was closed!) and got a burger in batter?! Tasted nice though.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

yorkshire-linconshire, a fishcake is a rissole and a rissole is a fishcake........

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

i think corn dogs are sick....

We don't have M&S in Canada any more - they left the country a couple of years ago. (I haven't been able to find any other place to buy either Bourbon Cream biscuits or jelly babies... )

Reply to
Rob Kelk

What, there's some other way to eat them?

Reply to
Rob Kelk