Re: Help with Italeri M113 tracks

The tracks are one of the more popular styles called "link and length." They have long runs for the top and bottom, short runs for the angles up from the bottom run to the front (drive) and rear (idler) wheel, and single links for the part that wraps around the wheel.

You have to use a fairly forgiving and flexible cement to install them. I use Vollmer Superzement S-30 but WITH CARE some tube cements can also work. Using fast-acting cement or ACC (Krazy Glue) leaves you no way to make adjustments.

Start with the sections of single links that wrap around the idlers and drivers. When in place, then cement the lower track run in place, trying to hit the center of the first and last road wheels.

Then using single links and the small sections, connect them to the idlers and drivers. Leave those wheels loose for fidgiting them into place.

Once in place, then align and attach the upper track run. Note that you will have to gently bend this in the middle to create "sag" and so it will meet up on the ends.

I've done up one and the tracks fit pretty well.

Painting it, however, is another thing...

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Thanks so much for the help.