Which Italeri M-109 Kit IS Best 4 Israeli Service?

Hi there.

I have been searching for an Itaerli M-109 kit to build/convert into an Israeli version. I did not know there were so many M-109 kit variants released by italeri. Can anyone here advise as to which one would be best as a staring point for an Israeli M-109 model? How about the Italeri M-109 kit #246?

Thanks and cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

There are five kits:

235 M109/G 155mm SP Howitzer 238 M108 105mm SP Howitzer 239 M109A2 155mm SP Howitzer 246 M109E4/G/A1-A2/E4 372 M109A6 Paladin SP 155mm Howitzer

Nos. 239 and 246 both contain all the parts for an M109 and an M109A2; the Israelis had mostly M109A1s for a long time which is the M109 with "pop-up" sight and the M109A2 39 caliber barrel, so either one of these will work for the base vehicle.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Hi there Cookie.

I got my Italeri M-109 kit today. It is kit number 246 and the reason it was more than I expected was becuse it also has a PE fret by PzH and individual link styrene tracks by Skybow.

I have no idea how to assemble these track links. There are little pieces either side of the track links on the parts tree. These little bits do not seem to have two holes or indents for the track pins. Does any one know how these go together?

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

The Skybow tracks are loose fitting but the end connectors slip over the pins to joint two links together. You have to either assemble them as "link and length" with cement for the long runs or use paint to increase the thickness of the pins to hold the end connectors on.

Don't understand why they have no holes in them.

Cookie Sewell

Cookie

Reply to
AMPSOne

Hi there Cookie.

I found the holes. They are located horizontally and I was looking for them vertically. The parts tree was blocking my view of them.

Thanks again for your willingness to help.

Cheers and happy new year.

Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

i beg used bits or burrs, whatever dentists use and they make really good holes and guides. i also use tlc thats been thickened with clear plastic sprue dissolved in. gives more work time and dries stronger. for really small holes, sewing needles make good drill bits. the drill is so fast even a point will drill.

Reply to
someone

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

Hi there.

I know what you mean. The holes in these end connectors are hard to see when they are on the parts tree because the end connecters are molded *VERY* close to the runner. At least they won't be as bad to assemble as those pesky Dragon Sherman Firefly individual track links were.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2