Which 1:48 Tornado is best?

I've read reviews of the Italeri and Airfix kits at various modeling sites, and neither seems like a very good kit.

I really want to build one, however, so which one would you recommend?

Thanks.

-- Wojo

This is not a signature, never was.

Remove the obvious to email me.

Reply to
Wojo

"Wojo" a exprimé avec précision :

The Revell is good. Also in 1/32 scale...

Reply to
Flying Frog

I had built the italeri 1/48 Tornado IDS and the ADV version and now doing my 3rd ADV version. I had not built the Airfix Tornado. The comments to the italeri Tornado are :

Need quite alot of filler Some parts do not join that well It have recessed lines. Ejection Seats and cockpit should be replaced The main landing gears are not very strong.

It need a certain level of patience and time to make it in to a decent Tornado.I was happy that it turn out looking like one.

The Revell 1/48 Tornado is actually a rebox of the italeri version.

Esci's version is the worst, do not look remotely like a Torando

I still have the 1/32 Revell Tornado unbuilt and it looks very nice

Reply to
Qunin

Are you sure the Revell is the same than Italeri one ? The last review I read don't tell the same think, but I always take care with the reviews which are not always honnest...

Yes, I well know this one, and it is a really good Tornado... but it is a big bird ,;o)

Reply to
Flying Frog

I do remember that the Revell ECR Tornado is a reboxed of the italeri's version with a different set of decals and a different weapons.I opened the box and look at the content and do not buy it as it was more expensive then the italeri version but I cannot be certain as it was years ago.

A couple of galleries of built Tornados in

the 1/48 Revell version and it looks like the italeri's offering

Cheers,

Wing K

Reply to
Qunin