Wanted = M-109 Interior Drawings

Hi there.

Im thinking about building an interior for my recently acquired Italeri M-109 SP 155mm gun kit.

I've looked online but have not been able to find any drawings ofthe interior of the M-109. I'd prefer those of the IDF but that isn't critical.

Does anyone make a complete interior for the M-109 including the gun?

Can I use the breech mechanism and lower portion of the gun from the Academy M-12 kit to build the 155mm gun?

Thanks for any help.

Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

The M12 mounts the WW I vintage French GPF which is only related to the cannon in the M109 by caliber.

Somebody DID make an interior for an M109 but can't recall who -- Jaguar, Legend, Verlindin??

Barry Beldam (search on "Armoured Acorn") had a good book on Canadian M109s but for the most part the interiors are all the same with only minor changes like radio sets.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Hi there Cookie.

Thank you very much once again for the information you have provided. It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

yeah, it's really great to know an expert that isn't a snob or asshole about their knowledge. cookie is a great guy and a good sharer. i think he and the late al s are what modelers should be and personify how we should treat each other. thanks from me too, cookie!

Reply to
someone

I've still got some of my old motor pool photos available online. Here is the directory to my M109A5 shots. There may be some A4 shots mixed in, but the interiors should be of the A5

RobG

Reply to
rgronovius

Hi there Rob.

Thanks for the links to those images. They'll be great if I ever locate an interior for this kit.

Another question. Was the M-109 in Israeli service ever fired whilst buttoned up?

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

Ah, I found the interior set:

VLS Corporation Trakz: TX0048 M109 A2 Turret interior Detail & Accessory Set.

Price looks to be about $50 if you can find one.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Hi again Cookie.

Do you happen to have a link to an image of that interior kit?

Thanks again from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

This is what a Google search shows with 'VLS Corporation Trakz: TX0048 M109' as the search words.

willshak

Hi and thanks Bill.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to