Re: I need copy of instructions to Convair Nuclear Space Ship

Has anyone ever tried scratch-building one of those old Strombecker kits?

I imag>cyberborg 4000 wrote:

>>Yes I think this had a really long and a slender tube (access shaft) >>between the Pilot section & the Huge Cylinders that represented the >>(Nuclear Engine) parts. >> >>Was this an old Strombecker Kit for the Convair Interplanetary Space >>Vehicle or something like that. > >Always checking >
for things space kit related, it would be called the Convair >Manned Nuclear Interplanetary Vehicle, in the ever-popular 1/91 >scale. Ron Miller's _The Dream Machines calls it 300 ft long. > >
Reply to
Casey Tompkins

Whilst I don't see too many people having one in their homes, those 'curlers' that electricians use to curve conduit might come in handy. Buy some PVC pipe, soften it in hot water, put it through the curler and, voila! Now someone's going to tell me that PVC doesn't soften in hot water, nes pas?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Casey Tompkins wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'd have thought that a better bet might be to use the more available manned observation satellite (reissued by Glencoe) to do the other(s).

Reply to
Peter Baxter