Re: Napoleonic War - Help Needed

I once had a book on the Napoleonic War. It was part of a series

> "Warfare in the age of..." in this case Napoleon (obviously). The books > were published at least 20 plus years ago in the UK. I am almost > certain they were obtained through one of the mail order book clubs. I > cannot remember the name of the author. > > Anyway, there was a black and white picture of (and memory fails me > here) "the attack of the consular guard" at Marengo. The picture shows > a cavalry charge, with one man out front, sword raised, looking back to > see the rest of the cavalry tumbling down an embankment. The sheer > energy of the painting has always inspired me and I always intended to > model it as a diorama. In those days, though, I lacked the skill and > the money to even attempt to start it. > > No I only lack the skill and the book! I have searched and searched but > cannot find the picture, so if anyone can suggest the painting and/or > artist I would be deeply indebted. > > Rgds > > G

Try searching for it on:

(using keywords such as "marengo")

I did this, and was given *many* hits, with a lot of them being images of classic paintings. Perhaps the one you seek is there.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Try finding the painting on:

...using a keyword such as "marengo". I did this, and was given 1000's of hits, amny being images of classic paintings. Perhaps the one you are searching for is there.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

You might also look through the Osprey series on engagements and /or in the Men At Arms series, at you local library.

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH>

Reply to
Chuck Ryan