Re: OT - Losing Usenet

Reply to
teem

but oe does suck.

Isn't Free Agent just a news reader? That is, it is client software, not a server. One still needs a server, and if your ISP doesn't offer one, having a good news reader doesn't help.

teem wrote:

Reply to
Don Stauffer

If you use Agent (or Free Agent) they now have newsgroup feeds. I signed up for 5mb/month for $2.95 - pretty reasonable.

I also am using Usenet News Monster

where I get 15mb for around 5 bucks.

Just started using the Agent service so have not decided if one is better or not. Will eventually go to one service. My ISP also does not support groups.

John

Reply to
John

Thanks all! Needless to say I am disappointed with Rogers. I haven't been active much lately, but I remember when Usenet and bulletin boards were the reason to have the Internet! Heavy Sigh!

Tk

Reply to
Koda