Re: [OT] My email correspondents - please read!

Anybody that has emailed me in the past couple of days or so,

> please resend. I just found out that Yahoo! has been routing *all* my > mail to the bulk mail folder - that filled it up real fast so many if > not most of my incoming emails for the last couple of days have gotten > bounced back to the senders. :( > > Please spread the word, too!

I gotta message, several of them, from Earthlink, saying my email was being returned because my 10mb storage was full, due to the MS spam BS going around..... I doubt we are alone in this.....

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Be aware that now these very same worms are now not only the old spoof Microsoft patches but also attached more lately to the "email delivery failure" notices in the various flavours so don't even look at those.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

so hard to tell these days, but I deleted a bunch of stuff in my inbox and those earthlink messages stopped.

Reply to
Craig

Man! I feel lucky.

Only ten today and I hadn't touched the computer all day until an hour ago.

Computer ran out of coal. Delivery took all day.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Craig:

You aren't! I have been without power for 3 1/2 days and when I finally got power back this afternoon and went into my e-mail I had 151 messages waiting and about 110 of them were that Microsoft SPAM. Looks like someone got a new worm out there that has raised some hell. I am told that my allotted space was full and Erols was returning mail on me too.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

in article snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net, William H. Shuey at snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net wrote on 9/22/03 4:01 PM:

I hear you. I'm getting about 150 pieces of crap a day with no slowdown in sight. And I haven't had a hurricane to contend with! At least they are easy to delete "in bulk".

Reply to
Milton Bell

Guys -- Consider this. I use this (admittedly spamtrapped) address as my personal file, but AOL let's me have up to eight, so this is NOT the primary file. Currently I'm getting about ten pieces of SPAM. My primary is seeing about 125 per day. I ignore those and they eventually go away, aat least most of them. Each of us in the household has a private address. And generally none of us has been hit too hard yet.

The Old Timer