Re: Removing Paint

Automotive brake fluid or oven cleaner.

Reply to
Frank May

Most household cleaners, such as 409 and Fantastic, work fine for stripping enamel. An overnight soak is usually enough.

For those in the continental US I highly recommend 'Strip-A-Kit':

.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

refer to a comprehensive list of strippers for various plastics = "Paint Strippers for plastic models etc" at

"Modelling - Resin,Photoetch,Scale,Paper, Painting, Fonts, FAQ etc" sub heading "Paints, Colour Charts, Mix Formulae & Strippers"

Reply to
A.T.

Buy a second kit if still available :-)

Seriously 409/Fantastik/brake fluid works well. Just check the progress after an overnight soak. Usually an overnight soak followed by a scrub with an old toothbrush will do the trick and not harm anything. when you forget about a kit and go back days/weeks later you may have a rubbery blob of a kit.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Get OUTTA town! I've been at this hobby since I was a kid and never knew that! Once when we were kids, my brother and I put a Swedish "S" Tank model in a tub of brake fluid.

Guess we left it in there a little too long. When we fished it out, there wasn't a speck of paint on it. But it looked like a Martian heat ray had its way with it!

Reply to
Michael Alvarez

use an oven cleaner ( Jex Four in Europe) aerosol. You cover the model with the product you put it in a plastic bag and you let the product work a night. After you just have to clean your model with common soap and running water and it's done. Easy way no? ;-) "Paul Jacobs" a écrit dans le message de news:Tsv5b.210$ snipped-for-privacy@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...

Reply to
Luc Alexiadis