Re: Verlinden, Last Straw

Don't forget to calculate the Value Added Tax.

WmB

WmB

I strongly doubt Francois has ever said such. As I'll likely be seeing him today, shall I pass on your regards?

Dean

Reply to
Dean Eubanks

Oh my, I hadn't realized who I was corresponding with. How'd you get out of that box? Well, no matter, back you go.

Dean

Reply to
Dean Eubanks

did it fit? was it accurate for the mark/model intended? did it come in a box that had other parts represented on the box art, but were not included?

A lot of people have spoken here about these issues and more.

I've never met the guy, but I will never buy his junk again.

If you're so tight with him, you ask him about the feces in the cammo box.

Me, I value this place for the referrals I get and opinions I read. I only wish I'd read some of this 7-8 years ago and I'd have saved a lot of money.

I find Verlinden's stuff ill fitting with, mostly older stuff here, terribly instructions, and a spotty record for accuracy (specifically the Panther G set) Now that I know he or his pattern makers did not bother to fix the T62 turret, I'll not buy the 'super-dee-duper update set'.

I've already spent too much on his grabage.

As I told the lowlife from ebay Teamjoedawn, satisfied customers tell their friends. Dissatisfied customers tell EVERYONE.

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

Back up your claim. Your "Smartass" reply in this case has made you out to be mostly a dumbass. I've never had a problem with the company nor have ever had a hint of such "arrogance". But then what would I know I nerely a 40 plus year modeler who has also been in the retail end for the past 13 years (including my current stint as owner). I attend both trade shows and IPMS events as well as follow industry events. I read this new group just to keep an ear out for items of interest.

Personally it's quite likely you have and agenda with Verlinden. Some grave miscarriage of modeling justice or what?

So by all means please lay out your claims. Do you even have anything remotely valid or do you just want to pop off and continue to appear ignorant (redneck?).

Dave

Reply to
Dave Henk

My brother-in-law lives in the St Louis area and I met Bob Letterman several years ago (when he was still associated with Verlinden). I thought he was a very nice guy (and to his credit, he never said a bad word when we were discussing the Verlinden side of the business.

I have some experience with Verlinden't resin stuff for both 1/48 scale aircraft and 1/35 armor. I must admit, the stuff I got did not fit well at all (resin parts) and required considerable more work than I thought should be required for resin sets that cost as much as these did.

I have never met Verlinden, nor have I spoken with him or anyone at Verlinden since asking for a replacement for a resin cockpit tub that arrived broken in

3-4 pieces (and one was missing). They were not particularly rude but I never got a replacement cockpit tub either (even after three follow-ups).

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

You know, back when I started this thread, that was the main intent-to write a semi-humorous bit that would air my feelings on their latest offerings, and possibly save people money on crap. It wasn't designed to start nastiness between fellow modellers, but if that's an extra bonus for some, so be it. I personally don't care for Verlinden's advertising, his editorials, or most of his products. The fact that he copies other people's stuff only came up because he railed against others who did it to him. Apparently it's legal to a certain extent, so that wasn't my complaint. It was his hypocrisy. I don't care about the prices either. I regularly pay over $100 for resin models, like my Dana 152mm Howitzer (a gem, by the way) or my Scammel Commander Tank Transporter. But if you're going to spend your hard earned money, you should get what you pay for. If it's on the box, it should be in the box. If it claims to fit a certain model, it should. To those who say you always have the option of looking at the contents, I say, no you don't. If you order it online, or win it on eBay, you pretty much have to trust that the maunufacturer has enough integrity to include everything as advertised. It's also ludicrous to think that by looking in a box, you can tell whether or not the parts will fit. (one reason I don't care much for in the box reviews) Speaking of advertising, I forgot to mention that Squadron sends me a beautiful color catalog every year, free of charge. It'a cost of doing business to get my business. It's paid off a hundred fold, I'm sure. Over ten bucks for someone else's catalog that doesn't even give you what it shows? Nah. Keep it. Finally, as for integrity-I like to think I have a modicum of it myself. I have purged myself of everything by Verlinden that I had not started, or lost or given away parts to. (I feel cleaner already) And to this date, even after buying his stuff for over twelve years, the only Verlinden product that has ever shown up on a finished model of mine is some pierced metal planking on a French M-47. Hmm... the French. Maybe I could stir some shit up about them next. It's what I do. :)

Reply to
Robert Skipper