Re: Victory at Sea DVD

I bought it on two videocassettes.

On most standard tapes that means you've got eight episodes. There's more than that, yes?

tia

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

The episodes were only 30 minutes long. Each of my two videotapes has 13 episodes. The total runtime for both tapes is about 12 hours. I got these at Barnes and Nobles sometime in the past 18 months. They were marked down to something like $6.98 each.

They are worth watching, both for the historical value and for the crude special effects that are obviously fake in some instances, ie, model planes with no pilots doing bomb runs, etc. Also, the nostalgia factor is big, with my having seen these on TV in the 50's, which was one of the things that got me interested in modleing and being a sailor.

The background noise is very disconcerting. I would pay a reasonable price for another set with cleaned up audio. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

I've got a VHS set of this program that is contained on 6 VHS tapes.

The original programwhen it first aired in 1952 had 26 half hour episodes.

Jonathan Primm snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
JP5844

And your audio quality is probably much better than mine is. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

I watched every one them with my Dad back in the 50s. Walter Cronkite and the "20 Century" was on right after it. I think it was on Sunday evenings? Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

good memory!

7 pm in my time zone. i drove my folks crazy bouncing of the walls all day waiting.

Sounds right. I know they were on in our house every week. Ah, the good old days, "Gunsmoke" on Saturday night and "Bonanza" on Sundays!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

where's mr peabody and that annoying kid.