Re: Way OT: CHiPs pictures for Julian Hale

I promised to post some pictures I took of the filming of a CHiPs

> episode for Julian Hale a week or two ago. They are up now at this address: > >
> > If anybody has any questions, I would be happy to answer them. BTW, > Ponch wasn't there, only Jon. > > > -- > Dale G Elhardt > Cypress Ca > "One cannibal to another, 'Does this clown taste funny to you?'" >

Thanks, there great, seen that episode. Any eventful memories?

Reply to
Julian Hales

Man, it's been sooooooo long ago. I do remember that the boulder with the grafitti on it is a prop, & the road you see by the hill was put in just for this scene. I don't even really remember the episode. Lots of cute girls there, though.

They used to film a lot of the Rockford Files >

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

And sorry about misspelling your name.

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

I am reasonably certain tha "Squad 51" was "Emergency" under syndication. The "51" on the equipment was because that the the station which covered the studio and its back lots, so they had ~lots~ of stock footage. I saw these trucks during the Universal tours trip in 1979. There was a far older version called "Rescue 8" from the late 50s or early 60s. It starred the guy who wound up being J.R. Euwing's father on "Dallas", but I can't recall his name. Jim somebody.

The Old Timer

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

Webb was in charge of the overall production. (In other words, he was the "Big Picture" guy.) R.A. Cinadar was in charge of the show's day-to-day affairs. (He'd be referred to as the "Line Producer" these days.)

"CHiPs" was produced by Rick Rosner. (Who also produced "240 Robert", about the L.A. County Sheriff's Paramedic Unit.)

And don't forget "Project UFO", about the U.S.A.F.'s "Project Bluebook".

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

*sigh!* What can I say? I'm a pop-culture junkie -- I used to watch all of these shows (and anything like them) avidly and read whatever I could get my hands on about them and it's all still sloshing around in my head...
Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Visit

for more information.