Revell Molds at Bottom of Pacific - Real/Urban Legend?

Did Revell ever really come out say that all the 1/32 aircraft molds we want (Raiden/Tony) are at the bottom of the Pacific or is it one of those "well I read it on RMS so it must be true" kinda stories.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Yes, this is the infamous Train Wreck that occurred on the Trans-Pacific Rail link that runs between Hawaii and Japan. They were also shipping all the old Aurora molds on the same train...

Tom Dougherty ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)

Reply to
Ives100

If you've worked on Revell kits you know that their plastic seems to have come from the bottom of the sea--an old cargo of bakelite, sunk during the war, salvaged and bought by Revell.

Reply to
Tom Cervo