rufus

working on that do 335. i actually got the vac form canopy done right, the pe only cost me 10-12 slashes from the xacto and the plane is starting to look good. maybe i'm getting the hang of this. i still need a bonehead 101 airbrush class when you have time. i'll drag mine over and you can help me figure out the nuances. i'll ply you with the beverage of your choice.

Sounds like a plan - I finally got those 1/32 Mig-15 canopies from Squadron...very nice. And that reminds me...I have some etch to pick up...just in today - for my Trumpeter P-38. Still waiting on the set for the gear.

I got roped into building a 1/72 Trumpeter Bear bomber for the museum...at least it's a BIG 1/72...need to get started on it. Looks like a cool kit, though. I've got a Metallizer experiment I plan to try on it.

...and I think I have all I need now for that Fw 190A you passed me. The etched flaps just came in with that order.

Reply to
Rufus

a bear! that's on my someday list. one of your off fridays would work for me. maybe we could hit lanc for a peek, too. i bet that 190 will rock when you're done.

Getting ready for the turkey fest next week...I don't think I've touched plastic in months...

Reply to
Rufus

no rush, your convenience is good. my sched is pretty loose. basically one day's notice is fine. cooking for the so?

Naw...heading out of town to let ma cook for me...and make my annual trip to Al's Hobby in Elmhurst. I usually hit the shop after seeing the dentist...so it looks like Tuesday morning this year...

Reply to
Rufus

ma's cooking......homer drool. gas is too high for me, so i'll try xmas. elmhurst was a funky town in the 60's...

I'd really like to get back that way on a bike in the summertime. A lot of those communities have done a lot of work on their downtown areas. Lots os micro breweries and such. I'd like to do some summer bar hopping and gnoshing around.

...then get the hell out before the snow flies.

Reply to
Rufus

well, i have a van and bike trailer. could camp in the van.

Got an itch to pitch my tent...I may take a big part of next July and give it a go.

Reply to
Rufus

bet you have a blast. once i get settled i'm converting the van to a camper. it's a 1 ton cube and huge.

Yeah - that would rock. Got the same sort of thing in mind...one day.

Reply to
Rufus

recognise it instantly. i bought mine at mercury, the auction was in vegas. i didn't know it was there, but when they flashed a slide of it, i said, wow, instant storage for the 5 pallets of pc's i'd bought. i got it for $155, it was missing the rear end and a radiator. the motor started on the second crank, so we got a rear end, wheels and tires, a radiator and some misc crap. so for $500. i had a huge vehicle with 44,000 miles. i have used it as a moving van, filled it full and pukked my toyota truck full of stuff cross country twice. it doesn't break a sweat. so go for it!

recognise it instantly.

Heh...went down to the shop today to pick up a custom key I ordered and had some serious thoughts about buying another bike...an '02 Softail. It's fairly stock and only has 8K miles on it...I'd like to tear it down and build it back up. But I'm excercizing some fiscal restraint at the moment...

Reply to
Rufus

carefull or i'll be asking to give one a ride.... can you wheelie a dresser? (just kidding)

Uh...yes - you can wheelie a dresser. And most (if not all) of the pictures I've seen of dressers doing wheelies are with a passenger...supossedly thay makes it "easier"...yeah...right...

Reply to
Rufus

i only take riders or people i've traine as passengers. seen too many dumps caused by some clueless noob "healping" by leaning OUT of a turn.....oi!

Yup...and I only wheelie solo.

Reply to
Rufus