Scratch built distributor

Probably no big deal for many of you but I made one tonight and it came out pretty not too bad. I took a break from model ships and started on a pick-em-up truck, nascar kinda type, Ford. I've always wanted to do plug wires and nice engine detail so I figured this was the time to start the adventure. The dist supplied would have looked funky by the time I cut down the posts, then drilled so I took a fat piece of sprew and made my own. I was surprised how easy it was to cut down and turn in my dremel, and how easy the 9 holes for wires drilled out with my MiniMite and a #80 I think it is bit. A tiny drop of CA and into the holes they went. Blue coated 30awg wire looks like it belongs. Just call me Butter cuz I'm on a roll! Happy New Year! Grandpa John

Reply to
John DeBoo

on a similar note, i scratched some lost parts for a old hurribomber kit. didn't know i could do it. so kudos...

Scratchbuilding is always fun if you can do it, you can always go on to do the other custom mod bits that aren't included with the kit too, makes for a nice unique model with all those extra touches. Even different colour schemes/markings compared to those supplied with the kits. (I did a Singapore Airlines Boeing 747 for someone who flew on one on their 1st ever flight ...those markings were not available anywhere....so I made those too)

I do this a lot now particularly for R/C models and it does make a difference.

Reply to
Mark Stevens