Shaking up paint bottles

I stir mine first, then shake. If manually I add a few BBs. I've not tried the jigsaw thing, just read it in the rag and thought it sounded pretty easy.

Once I've shaken mine I remove the lid, turn it upside down and use whatever is on it first. I cover the bottle with a black plastic lid from a 35mm film container, fits great. I don't own an airbrush so bottles and spray cans are what I use.

Reply to
Grandpa

Up until now, well, maybe.

I suppose I could attach one to the leg of my female MinPin and let her out for some feline company - nah, I'd never get the paint back.

Reply to
Grandpa

Speaking of fine mesh, where would on be likely find this in say a 6"x6" piece, or thereabouts? I need some for a ship model and the places I've gone to and asked have no idea who carries it in large pieces.

Reply to
Grandpa

go to a tranny shop and ask for some old auto tranny filters. clean it up and off ya go.

I think plain old toothpicks work great for stirring. They are readily available, cheap, and best of all, require no clean up. You just throw 'em away.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Sagara

Shit, and I started life as a mechanic but this never entered my old gourd. Great idea, thanks!

Reply to
Grandpa

i think i'll do a shoestring modeler site for us po' folks.

Derek Shaw

I ususally take about 3 toothpicks bunch them together, open the bottle of paint and stir......

Reply to
Mangry

Sir..."The Simpson's" are NEVER "irreverent", or "irrelevent".

( 8^(|) ---- Homer

[ 8^7 ---- Bart
Reply to
Greg Heilers

"Grandpa" avait énoncé :

My way, easy, and very cheap : in each bottle, I put two small balls of movement with ball, in advance very well washed and streamlined.

Reply to
Flying Frog

I use a stirrer I made approx. 10 years ago from a coat hanger. Stir, stir, stir, wipe, put back in the tool caddy dealy.

Reply to
Michael Stanley